Celebrating 19 Years of Retreating!
Tuesday April 14 to April 19, 2015
Pictures can be found here!
||         The Retreat starts after 3:00 on Tuesday. If you are arriving on Tuesday first bring your sewing stuff to the conference room, and then take care of your personal belongings. If you are arriving on Wednesday you may arrive at any time after 11:00, but your sleeping room most likely will not be ready until after three. Bring your things down to the conference room and have the front desk notify you when your room is ready. If you want to shop before coming to the retreat that is fine. Your room is guaranteed and will be waiting for you when you arrive.
|         This is the Year of the Scraps, so all of our projects will be scrappy.
If you aren't a fan of scrappy you can make them with plain old yardage.
… as always the project is optional.
Bring a bunch of scraps, fat quarters, what ever you want to use. I also suggest that everyone brings one piece of yardage as a connector for all the scraps. I think three yards of a white-on-white or a whole bunch of white-on-white scraps will work. (Of course more works too if you have it!)
Our schedule is very easy this year, you may do what you want until Friday night when we will have our Pollyanna exchange! Bring a wrapped, quilt related gift worth between $10 and $12 for the gift exchange.
Show and tell will be on Saturday night.
Yes I will have a FUNdraiser this year, I'm not sure what right now, but I have a few ideas.
Sunday morning the conference room will be open for you to collect your belongings, and will close at 10:30 for checkout. You MUST have your "stuff" out of the conference room by 10:30 please. Check out is before 11, and you must check out at the front desk.
If you want to sign up for next year's retreat I MUST have a $100 deposit from you before you leave this year's retreat. I will not hold a room for anyone without a deposit.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
THE FINE PRINT
aka The Rules
Our retreats are all about having fun, but we still have to have some rules. Please read the following carefully.
· To reserve a room for a retreat, you must send a NON-REFUNDABLE $100 DEPOSIT in the amount required for the specific retreat for each person attending the retreat.
· Your NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT will NOT be refunded if you cancel your reservation even if you have a good reason. See our cancellation policy below.
· Your deposit reserves your room and one space in the conference room only.
· If you are attending multiple retreats, a deposit for each retreat is required.
· When all spaces in a retreat are sold out, we will start a waiting list. When someone cancels, an email will be sent to the first person on the waiting list offering the then available space. That person will have three days to respond. After three days, the space will be offered to the next person on the waiting list and so on, until either the space is filled or the waiting list is empty.
· Payment in full for the retreat must be received no later than 90 days before the retreat starts. NO EXCEPTIONS! If payment is not received on time, the reservation will be cancelled and your NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT will be forfeited.
ROOMMATES AND SINGLE ROOMS
· Delaware Quilts will NOT match roommates. If you want to share a room, you need to find your own roommate.
· If your roommate cancels, YOU MUST PAY FOR A PRIVATE ROOM or find a replacement paying roommate. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE. If you find yourself in this situation, please do not be surprised when you are required to pay for a single room.
Cancellation by Delaware Quilts
· Delaware Quilts reserves the right to cancel a retreat if there is insufficient enrollment or in an emergency situation.
· If Delaware Quilts cancels a retreat, your deposit will be refunded. Note, this is the only situation in which your deposit will be refunded!
· For all non-emergencies, cancellation will be announced one month prior to the payment due date (120 days prior to the retreat).
Cancellations by Retreaters
· Cancellations must be in writing. (Email is fine, but if you do not get an acknowledgement within three days please email again and/or send snail mail.)
· If the cancellation notice is received 90 days prior to the retreat start date, your payments minus the NON-REFUNDABLE deposit will be refunded. Your deposit will not be refunded.
· Cancellation notices received after 90 days prior to the retreat, result in forfeiture of all sums paid.
From time to time, photos will be taken of retreaters, finished quilts,
in-progress quilts and retreat activities. By participating in a Delaware Quilts
Quilters Retreat, each retreater authorizes Delaware Quilts and other
participants at Delaware Quilts Quilters Retreats to photograph, videotape or
otherwise digitally record or collect your image and likeness and your projects
associated with your participation in a Delaware Quilts Quilters Retreat and
consents to use of these photos for marketing/promotional purposes.
By making your deposit you are acknowledging that you have read and agree with this policy.
Payment due date for this year's retreat is February 1st, 2015. I have to pay my bills on time, and I would appreciate it if you would do the same. I set the retreat due dates so your payment arrives in time for me to pay my bill. There will be a $20 late charge for any late retreat payments.
Need more information or to put your name on the waiting list for this retreat, email Marge.
Updated January 3, 2015
| Home |