|| Delaware Quilts
My Quilting Photo Journal
Please note as you view these photos, the sizes may not be all proportional. You might see a quilt that looks as small as a wall hanging or vice versa.
After I made the two Janet's Quilts on the previous page, I had some left over blocks and my friend Marge also had some which she
graciously shared with me, and I put them together into this quilt which I am calling Janets Leftovers Transformed
Then I decided this would make a nice mystery project for my Mysteries For Relay Group,
and then after that, I decided this would also be a great project for the fall retreats.
Then I decided that using pre-cut 2 1/2 inch strips, a.k.a. Jelly Rolls, Tonga Treats,
Bali Pops would also be a great idea.
And then I started making projects using 2 1/2 inch strips, some from my stash and some purchased and some gifted too. I started
with a Tonga Treat called Creamsicle that was a gift. I made a quilt based on
YouTube video by Jenny Doan of
Missouri Star Quilt Company and Ray Steeves at 3 Dudes Quilting (3dudesquilting.com)
This ended up being my least favorite project because of the bias in it, but I loved the quilt I ended up with. I gifted this quilt to Terry Enfield.
I purchased some pre-cuts from a favorite shop, Patchwork Angels in Endicott NY, including a bunch of blacks. I combined those with
reds from my stash and made Summer in the Park from Missouri Star Quilt Co.
This one sold to raise
money for Relay For Life
||        ||I had left over blacks and reds so I put together
this quilt, also called a lasagna quilt or Jelly Roll Quilt. Mine started with 1890 inches of fabric, so I called it my 1890 Quilt.
This one was donated to Bob's Blankie Brigade
| Another precut strip package from Patchwork Angels gave me this quilt which I
called Four Patch Framed. I wasn't in love with the colors, but liked the pattern, so I made another one (#472) which I liked a lot
This one was also donated to Bob's Blankie Brigade
|        || #466
My project for July was a red white and blue Road to Oklahoma quilt.
This was also donated to Bob's Blankie Brigade
I decided to do string quilts for the August project and got several finished.
||        ||I used another Tonga Treat called Island Punch and
added yellow strips from my stash to make this log cabin quilt for another strip project for the retreats.
| I'm not 100% positive where I got this idea, but I made the quilt and then wrote the pattern to go with it.
I used a Bali Pop called Coconut, and I called the quilt Area 52.
|        || #471
||        ||This is my second Four Patch Framed and I like this one much more than the first (#466) I call this one Four Patch Framed Rainbow.
| When I finished Creamsicle (#463) and Island Punch Log Cabin (#470) I had left over strips
and pieces. I put them together using the Four Patch Framed pattern, except more scrappy, and called it Leftovers… because that's what it was!
I've decided to share this pattern with you because it uses up strips of scraps and we all have lots of those!
|        || #473
Then I went back to making more strings quilts for Bob's Blankie Brigade
#477 got away with no photo
At the fall retreats in 2012 I started a quilt which I was calling Wavy Batiks. However I got frustrated with it, and set it aside for a few months before I
started working on it again. When it was finished I loved it, and I still do. John said it reminded him of Mardi Gras and the name stuck. My quilter did a
terrific job on it, and I finished it a year after it was started at the 2013 Nov Retreat.
I also started and finished this Aunt Graces Zig Zag at the retreats. (It was eventually completely finished in 2014)
Then I started another Aunt Graces quilt, a Four Patch Chain. The top was finished on August 24th, 2014 and it's waiting its turn at the quilters.
Back - 2013
Updated December 3, 2014
| Home |